FedEx SmartPost may take a couple of days longer than FedEx Ground, but this shipping method is typically worth it due to its lower cost. FedEx SmartPost is for non time critical B2C packages which utilizes USPS for final delivery to its destination address. To use FedEx SmartPost for your outbound shipping, you will need to make sure you have enabled it for your FedEx account. The best way to do this is to contact your FedEx representative to make sure they know you’re using Smart Post and ask them to provide you with your SmartPost Hub ID.
Here is a list of the main HubIDs provided by FedEx:
|GCOH Grove City
|GPOH Groveport Ohio
|LACA Los Angeles
|KCKS Kansas City
|NBWI New Berlin
|SCUT Salt Lake City
|STMO St. Louis
There are some important things you should know about the FedEx SmartPost requirements:
- Transit times of 2 to 7 days.
- Max package weight of 70 lbs.
- One single tracking number from FedEx
- Outbound shipments only from the 48 contiguous American states.
- Delivery to all 50 American states and territories, including PO Boxes and APO/FPO addresses.
To enable FedEx SmartPost, login to your Cirkuit back office and go to Cart->Configure->Shipping Settings->FedEx Shipping. Once here enable the checkbox for FedEx SmartPost and enter your HubID.