Email Setup for Microsoft Outlook 2007 and Older
Note: Not all versions of Outlook use the exact same menu items as shown here, but usually the name/location of settings are very close to what you see here.
1. Open Outlook. In the Tools menu, click Account Settings.
2. In the Email tab, Click New.
3. Click Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and then click Next.
4. In the Your Name box, type your name as you want it to appear to other people.
5. In the E-mail Address box, type your complete e-mail address.
a. Make sure to include your user name, the @ symbol, and the domain name, for example, [email protected]
6. In the Password and Retype Password boxes, type the password that was either assigned to you or that you selected for your e-mail account.
Tip: Your password is case sensitive. Make sure that your CAPS LOCK key is off.
7. Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Internet E-mail.
10. Click E-mail, and then click Next.
a. Based on your earlier input, some of the text fields in the dialog box may already have text in them. Verify that the entries are correct.
11. Under User Information, enter the the following settings:
a. In the Your Name box, type your full name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
b. In the E-mail Address box, type your complete e-mail address. Make sure to include the user name, the @ symbol, and the domain name, for example, [email protected]
12. Under Server Information, enter the following settings:
a. In the Account Type list box, choose IMAP
b. In the Incoming mail server box, type mail.cirkuit.net
c. In the Outgoing mail server box, type mail.cirkuit.net
13. Under Logon Information, enter the following settings:
a. In the User Name box, type your complete e-mail address. Make sure to include the user name, the @ symbol, and the domain name, for example, [email protected]
b. In the Password box, type your password.
c. Select the Remember password check box.
Note: You have the option to have Outlook remember your password by typing it in the Password box and selecting the Remember password check box. If you choose Outlook to remember your password, you won't have to type your password each time you access the account. However, this also makes the account vulnerable to anyone who has access to your computer.
14. Optionally, set any of the following settings:
a. Click More Settings. On the General tab, under Mail Account, type a name that will help you identify the account. This can be anything
b. Click Test Account Settings to verify that your account is working. If there is missing or incorrect information, such as your password, you are prompted to supply it or correct it. Make sure that your computer is connected to the Internet.
15. Click Next and then Finish to complete your outlook email setup.