Email Shipping Tracking Numbers to Customers
When shipping through UPS and you have the print shipping label feature enabled (and approved by UPS), when you print your shipping label there is a button that says “Email Tracking Information”. You must click this button to send the tracking number to the customer. You may also click the button that says “Print Shipping Label & Email Tracking Information”.
When shipping through FedEx and you have the print shipping label feature enabled, when you print your shipping label the tracking number will automatically be emailed to the customer.
US Postal Service / Flat Rate Shipping / Manual
To email the tracking number to your customers, first you must setup order confirmation emails to automatically send an email to a customer when their order is marked as Processed or Shipped (depending on your settings) and copy/paste the manually obtained tracking number in to the order comments field:
- Login to your SEO-Cart account and go to Configure->Order Page Settings and scroll to the “Confirmation Email Settings” section.
- Enable the checkbox for “Send customer e-mail confirmation when their order is marked as Processed” and you may type in a Subject (recommended), Header (optional), and Footer (optional) and update your settings. If you have a "Shipped" order section, you will instead want to enable the checkbox for “Send customer e-mail confirmation when their order is marked as Shipped”.
- Note: to enable the "Shipped" order status login to SEO-Cart and go to Configure->Store Settings and enable the checkbox for "Enable option to mark Reviewed Orders as Shipped" under the "Miscellaneous Settings" section.
- Scroll down and update your settings.
Once this is setup and you manually obtain your tracking number, you can then do the following to save it in the order comments and email the tracking number to the customer:
- Login to SEO-Cart and locate the order you have the tracking number for.
- Click the “Edit” button towards the top of the page.
- Enter the following in to the Order Comments field “Tracking Number: <paste tracking number here>”
- Click the Save button.
- Change the order status to Processed (or Shipped). (doing this will automatically send an email to the customer with their tracking number from the order comments field)