Email Setup for Microsoft Outlook 2010
1) Click "File" and then click the "Add Account" button to bring up the "Add New Account" window
2) Select the "Manually configure" option and click "Next"
3) On the "Choose Service" screen select "Internet E-mail" account and click "Next"
4) Enter your E-Mail settings
- Your Name: Enter your full name
- E-mail Address: Enter your full email address (ie: [email protected])
- Server Information
- Account Type: Choose "IMAP"
- Incoming mail server: Type "mail.cirkuit.net"
- Outgoing mail server: Type "mail.cirkuit.net"
- Logon Information
- User Name: Type your full email address (ie: [email protected])
- Password: Type your email password
- Check "Remember password"
- Do not check "Test Account Settings"
- Do not check "Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)"
- Click the "More Settings" button
In the "More Settings" window
Click the "Advanced" tab. Update the following settings.
- Incoming server (IMAP): type "993"
- Outgoing server (SMTP): type "465"
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: Select "SSL" for both the "Incoming server" and "Outgoing Server"
- Click "OK" to close the mode settings dialog
- Click "Next" on the Internet E-Mail Settings" menu
- Click "Finish" to add your email account
All messages for this mailbox will now begin to download. This could take several minutes or even hours, depending on how many messages are in your mailbox.
Test your email account
To make sure everything is setup correctly, send a test email in Outlook to a 3rd party email address (ie: Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo mail). You should also have a 3rd party email address send you a test email to make sure that you can recieve emails.