Configure Elavon / VirtualMerchant
- Knowledge Base
- User Guide
Enabling Elavon / VirtualMerchant to accept credit cards
If you do not have a VirtualMerchant account and would like to create one:
Sign up for a VirtualMerchant account to accept credit cards
- Login to SEO-Cart and go to Configure->Payment Methods.
- Click on the VirtualMerchant / Elavon link within the "Credit Card Methods" section.
- Turn on the "Enable VirtualMerchant / Elavon to process credit card transactions" checkbox and enter your Virtual Merchant ID, User ID, and PIN provided to you by VirtualMerchant.
- Select your payment type.
- Select your Account Type.
- Terminal Based (default, recommended): Your VirtualMerchant account will default to Terminal Based. If you issue a refund within SEO-Cart with a terminal based account, you must login to your VirtualMerchant interface to manually un-pend the transaction, or else the refund will not go through successfully. Terminal based accounts allow greater automated control over transactions and transaction validation. AVS errors will automatically return a declined transaction when an order is attempted to be placed. Terminal based accounts will issue a "ccdelete" transaction type when cancelling an order within SEO-Cart.
- Host Based: If you issue a refund with a host based account, the refund will automatically go through without having to manually un-pend the transaction in your VirtualMerchant interface. Host based accounts will issue a "ccvoid" transaction type when cancelling an order within SEO-Cart.
- Update your settings.
- You are now ready to accept credit cards on your website. It is recommended that you place a test order with a real credit card on your website to make sure everything is working properly.
Important Notes regarding MyVirtualTerminal:
- Costco members will receive better rates and a better deal. Call Costco sales to sign up.
- Always login to VirtualMerchant interface at end of the day to check your batch, regardless if terminal or hosted account type.
- Verify during your training session with the Merchant Activations team whether or not your terminal has been configured as Host or Terminal. It should be configured terminal by default.
- Once setup, login to your production terminal and navigate to Terminal->Merchant->Payment Fields. Click on "Customer Code" and uncheck the required flag. This will make the Customer Code/Purchasing Order # not required for customers with corporate purchasing cards.
Related Support Topics