You can add and manage gift certificates for your customers to mimic store credit. If a customer uses a gift certificate code and still has a remaining balance on the gift certificate, he or she can use the gift certificate at a later time to spend their remaining balance.
Adding a Gift Certificate
- Login to SEO-Cart and go to Marketing->Discounts and Coupons.
- Click the "Add New Manual Coupon" button towards the top of the page.
- Enter the gift certificate code that you will giving to the customer.
- Set the amount for the gift certificate and click the "Enable Gift Certificate Mode" checkbox
- Add your new gift certificate
A customer can enter their gift certificate code on their shopping cart (step 1) page. The customer will be emailed with the new balance on the gift certificate after they place an order. If a customer's order total is at or below zero, the customer's credit card will not be charged when they place their order.